Thanks to science miracles that explore charcoal to be used not only in chemical laboratories and as a fuel but as an awesome beauty ingredient in the beauty industries. This charcoal is actually converted into activated charcoal for its use in the beauty world.
Activated charcoal is easily made from charcoal, by heating charcoal in an airless surroundings, which develops many tiny pores in it, capable of adsorbing many chemicals and toxins.
Nowadays, this key ingredient is becoming popular in almost all drugstore and branded skincare and hair care products.
This is the reason that you daily watch pictures of models on Instagram and Pinterest, using charcoal products on their skin.
Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Face Masks
Here is a list of benefits of activated charcoal that makes it a must-have ingredient in your skincare routine.
It helps to adsorb toxins and impurities from your skin.
Exfoliates dead skin cells.
Control overproduction of sebum or oil on the skin.
Treats acne and clear up unclogged pores.
Shrinks large pores.
Activated Charcoal Face Masks For Our Skin Issues
Although activated charcoal face masks are not a fancy ingredient in our beauty regime. But you fall in love with its wonderful results on your skin. Read on to learn more about it.
List Of DIY Charcoal Face Masks
1- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Detoxification.
2- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Oily Skin.
3- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Blemish-Prone And Uneven Skin Tone.
4- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Acne-Prone Skin.
5- Activated Charcoal Anti-Ageing Peel-off Face Mask.
1- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Detoxification
1tsp activated charcoal powder
1tbsp organic rose water
- Add activated charcoal powder in a bowl.
- Then add organic rose water in it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a mixture.
- Leave it on your face for 20 minutes.
- Wash off your face with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
Activated charcoal powder is well known for adsorbing impurities, toxins, and chemicals, etc. and thus detoxifies our skin. While organic rose water maintains the PH level and controls excessive sebum or oil production on our skin.
2- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Oily Skin
½ tsp activated charcoal powder
1 tbsp fuller’s earth
1 tbsp organic rose water
- Mix activated charcoal powder and fuller’s earth in a clean container.
- Dissolve organic rose water in the above ingredients and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water and then with cold water.
Activated charcoal in this face mask detoxifies skin and fuller’s earth reduces oiliness on the skin and refreshes your dull-looking skin while rose water balances skin’s natural PH level. This face mask also exfoliates dead skin cells.
3- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Blemish-Prone And Uneven Skin Tone
½ tsp activated charcoal powder
1 pinch nutmeg powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp milk powder or milk
1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- In a clean container, add activated charcoal powder, nutmeg, and turmeric powder.
- Then mix milk powder or milk in the above ingredients and make a smooth paste by adding aloe vera gel in it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply this paste on your clean face.
- Leave this face mask for 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and then rinse with cold water.
Activated charcoal powder treats acne and shrinks large pores. While nutmeg heals blemishes, scars, and spots. Turmeric in this mask reduces acne and blemishes. Milk powder or milk contains lactic acid that lightens and tone up our skin. While aloe vera provides hydration to your skin.
4- Activated Charcoal Face Mask For Acne-Prone Skin
½ teaspoon activated charcoal powder
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
2 drops tea tree oil
- In a clean bowl, add activated charcoal powder.
- Pour aloe vera gel in the charcoal powder and mix it.
- Now add tea tree essential oil in it and mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your clean face for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water and then rinse with cold water.
Activated charcoal pulls out all the bacteria and germs causing acne and unclog all the pores by removing blackheads and whiteheads. Aloe vera moisturizes your skin and tea tree essential oil is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory in nature that treats acne.
5- Activated Charcoal Anti-Ageing Peel-off Face Mask
1teaspoon activated charcoal powder
2 teaspoons gelatin powder
4 teaspoons hot water
- In a clean glass container, add activated charcoal powder.
- Then mix gelatin powder with charcoal powder.
- Now dissolve both the ingredients with hot water, till it forms a thick smooth paste.
- Apply the lukewarm paste on your clean face until it dries out.
- Wash your face to remove any charcoal residues on your skin.
- Moisturize your face afterward.
Activated charcoal pulls out all the dirt and toxins etc. form our skin. It shrinks pores, unclogs them, and remove all the whiteheads, fine hairs, and blackheads. While gelatin improves and promotes collagen synthesis, stimulates skin elasticity, and moisture.
Precautions While Using DIY Activated Charcoal Face Masks
Always follow these simple precautionary steps, before you go for a DIY activated charcoal face mask.
Apply the mask on a clean face: Clean your face with a mild cleanser and exfoliator before the application of activated charcoal face mask.
Tie up your hair before applying a mask: Always tie your hair back before the application of a charcoal mask so that your hair doesn’t stick to the charcoal face mask.
Perform a patch test: Always perform a patch test before using activated charcoal face masks to avoid any allergic reaction.
Don’t apply masks on acne-prone and sensitive skin: Don’t apply charcoal peel-off face masks on acne-prone and sensitive skin.
Pull peel-off mask in the upward direction: Gently pull peel-off charcoal face mask in the upward direction.
Select mask according to your skin type: Choose the DIY activated charcoal face mask according to your skin type.
Spread a thin layer of charcoal mask: Spread a thin layer of activated charcoal face mask with a flat brush to avoid any drip-off.
Wear an old shirt: Wear an old shirt while using an activated charcoal face mask as sometimes your shirt is going black and dirty with drip-off.
Apply and wash your face mask near the basin: Always apply and wash your face mask near the basin so that dripping and charcoal residues are easily washed and cleaned.
Wash your face with warm water: Wash your face with warm water first to remove all charcoal residues from your skin and then rinse with cold water.
Avoid eyes and lips area: Don’t apply a charcoal face mask near the lips and eyes as the skin over these areas is very sensitive and delicate.
Use moisturizer: Always use a moisturizer after washing activated charcoal face mask.
Use the mask once in 15 days: Don’t use activated charcoal face masks more than once in 15 days as over-use of charcoal products dries out your skin.
Try out any of these activated charcoal face masks according to your skin type and let us know about your experience in the comment section below.
Subscribe & Receive A Free eBook
Responsive innovate grok latte disrupt intuitive actionable insight SpaceTeam grok. Human-centered design Steve Jobs.
We do not spam. You can unsubscribe anytime.