Come on, confess- you are facing acne, suntan, and pigmentation. These skin issues are the result of improper skin care. But, it’s never too late to confess all these shits, everyone has these imperfections.
However, the least we can do is, to treat these imperfections naturally with our homemade tomato face masks and get flawless skin in a jiffy.
Tomato: A Versatile Food
Tomatoes are not here to make your ketchup, salads, and curries only. Although botanically it is defined as fruit. This versatile food is much more used as a vegetable in our cooking. Besides this, it’s a superfood for our skin.
Vibrant red tomatoes make skin rosy, radiant, and acne-free. By eating tomatoes, rich in lycopene, you can also protect yourself from acne, UV damage, and free-radical damage.
Tomatoes Benefit For Skin
Tomato shows numerous benefits for our skin which are listed below.
- It is enriched with lycopene, which is a natural antioxidant. It helps in fighting free radical damage and thus keeps wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
- It is loaded with vitamin C content, which is an antioxidant. It enhances skin lightening and brightening effect. It also fades away dark spots, age spots, and pigmentation.
- Its anti-tyrosinase activity helps in skin lightening. It also protects us from sun damage.
- Tomatoes remove sun tan due to the presence of lycopene and act as a natural sunscreen.
- It also soothes sunburns due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Due to its astringent properties, it removes dirt from the skin and makes it firm and clear. It also clears acne and reduces oiliness.
- It is anti-fungal and antibacterial in nature, thus prevents acne formation.
- It helps in skin tightening. Its regular use topically on your skin tightens open pores.
- It contains salicylic acid, that deeply cleanses pores and thus reduces acne and blackheads.
- It reduces excess sebum production and makes skin oil-free and bright.
3 Easy Homemade Tomato Face Masks
In our busy schedule, these quickly prepared tomato face masks with abundant benefits made life easy. These are
- Tomato And Turmeric Face Mask
- Tomato And Honey Face Mask
- Tomato And Lemon Face Mask
1. Tomato And Turmeric Face Mask
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1/4th teaspoon fresh turmeric paste
Take a washed tomato and blend it in a blender till it turns into a smooth puree. Transfer 2 tablespoons of tomato puree in a small bowl. Mix turmeric paste in it. Apply this mixture on your face and neck for 15 minutes. Wash off.
Benefits of face mask
Removes dark spots and pigmentation
Benefits of Ingredients
|Turmeric||It is antiseptic in nature, thus cures acne. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces redness, eczema, and pigmentation. It also protects us from UV damage and improves skin elasticity. It also reduces wrinkles and fine lines.|
2. Tomato And Honey Face Mask
1 ½ tablespoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon raw honey
1-2 drops sweet orange essential oil (optional)
Blend a washed tomato in a blender till it forms a smooth puree. Pour the tomato puree in a container and add honey and sweet orange essential oil in it. Mix well and apply it on your face for 15 minutes. Wash your face and pat dry.
Benefits of face mask
Benefits Of Ingredients
|Honey||It is antibacterial and humectant in nature thus treats acne and provides moisture in our skin. It also mildly exfoliates dead skin cells, that’s why brings a glow. It also helps in skin lightening and lightens dark spots and pigmentation.|
|Sweet orange essential oil||It is enriched with vitamin C, an antioxidant that promotes glow in our skin, reduces blemishes, pigmentation, and halts the premature aging process. It also controls excessive sebum production in our skin. Due to its antibacterial and astringent properties, it treats acne and shrinks large open pores.|
Pour tomato puree in a clean bowl. Transfer lemon juice and tea tree essential oil in the puree. Stir all the ingredients and forms a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your clean face and neck for 10 minutes and then wash off.
Benefits Of Face Mask
Reduces sun tan
Cures acne and breakouts
Fades away dark spots and pigmentation
Lighten skin tone
Gives radiant skin
Benefits Of Ingredients
|Lemon||It is loaded with vitamin C and citric acid, thus makes skin fair and bright. It is a natural bleaching agent, that removes sun tan and lighten dark spots and pigmentation. It keeps oily skin at bay. Due to its exfoliating and antiseptic qualities, it removes dead skin and cures acne.|
|Tea tree essential oil||Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, it treats acne, redness, and skin irritations. It combats oily skin.|
Every kitchen must-have tomatoes, both eating and topical application of tomatoes are beneficial for your skin. And when these tomatoes are combined with correct ingredients, then these face masks give 100% results sans any side effects.
Which face mask suits on you, let us know in the comments section below.
Subscribe & Receive A Free eBook
Responsive innovate grok latte disrupt intuitive actionable insight SpaceTeam grok. Human-centered design Steve Jobs.
We do not spam. You can unsubscribe anytime.