After hearing about the famous bone broth, everyone is curious to find out, what is the bone broth recipe? Here your answer lies in this article. Hopefully, after reading this article, anyone can easily make their own homemade nutritious bone broth.
Like our forefathers, we can consume this delicious bone broth regularly to heal many issues like leaky gut, painful and sore joints, cellulite on skin, and weak immune system, etc.
What Is Bone Broth?
In order to make this bone broth, you can use bone and joint meat of any animal like beef, chicken, lamb, turkey, and fish, etc. For this purpose, you can add some apple cider vinegar, which will let out all the minerals, vitamins, and nutrients from the bone marrow. Besides this, you can add some vegetables, spices, and herbs to improve its taste.
Difference Between Stock And Bone Broth
Bone broth and stock have many similarities like both include spices, herbs, and vegetables. Also, you can use bone broth as a base in soups, and gravies, etc like usual stock.
Although it differs from regular stock due to its prolonged cooking time. Normally, stock takes 1-2 hours of cooking time. But, in the case of bone broth, the cooking time varies from 24- 48 hours.
Bone Broth Recipe
- 2 kg mixed beef or any animal bones with marrow
- 8-9 garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 2-inch ginger piece (peeled and chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons iodized salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 liters of water (add more water if required)
- In a large cooking pot, add washed bones and water.
- Then, add all the remaining ingredients to it.
- Bring it to boil over a high flame, then reduce the flame. Add more water to the broth, if needed.
- Simmer it on low flame for 48 hours.
- Occasionally, skim all the fats that rise to the surface.
- Now, turn off the flame, and when it is slightly cool down. Then, strain it to discard all the solids and bones.
- Cooldown the bone broth over room temperature.
- Store this homemade bone broth in air-tight containers. Freeze it for 2-3 months. Otherwise, refrigerate it and use it within 7 days.
Tips To Enhance Bone Broth Flavor
In order to enhance the flavor of bone broth, you can have some variations in the bone broth recipe. Like, you can add some spices e.g, black pepper, herbs like parsley, oregano, and thyme, etc, and vegetables like carrot, celery, and spring onion, etc.
How To Store Bone Broth
If you want to refrigerate the homemade bone broth, then try to use it within a week. But, if you want to store it for a longer period of time, then freeze it for a maximum of 3 months.
If you want to reheat, then take out as much broth as you like. Try to consume a cup of this homemade bone broth on a daily basis.
Bone Broth Benefits
Bone broth brings a lot of benefits to your body. Some of these are
- Improves Joint Health: Bone broth is a protein-dense food that contains collagen protein. This collagen is converted into gelatin that acts as a cushion between joints. It also contains amino acid proline and glycine that our body needs to build its own connective tissue.
Benefits Our Digestive System: Bone broth helps in food digestion. It treats the issue of the leaky gut due to the presence of glutamine that is able to modulate intestinal permeability. It also promotes probiotics growth in the gut and strengthens the lining of the gut due to gelatin in bone broth.
Rich Of Nutrients: Studies show that bone broth is enriched with calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous, etc. Its bone marrow contains iron, boron, zinc, and manganese, etc, vitamin A and K2, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It contains connective tissues like glucosamine and chondroitin that make the joint strong. The presence of collagen and other important amino acids are good for our skin, nails, bones, and overall health.
Boosts Immune System: Bone broth is effective for a strong immune system. It is helpful in leaky gut syndrome. Bone broth contains amino acids like glycine and arginine that shows anti-inflammatory effects. In the Covid-19 pandemic, immune-boosting foods like chicken soup and bone broth are considered very effective.
Helps In Weight Loss: Bone broth is a low-calorie food that promotes weight loss and fulfills our hunger. Research also shows that high protein diets have been touted as the best strategy for weight loss. Other studies also suggest the use of protein-rich foods to treat obesity without having any side effects on our kidneys and bone health.
Aids In Better Sleep: Bone broth is good for the treatment of insomnia. As it contains a non-essential amino acid glycine that improves sleep quality in humans. Research also shows that glycine modulates certain neuropeptides in the SCN that indirectly contribute to sleepiness and fatigue induced by sleep restrictions.
Maintains Healthy Skin: When we add vegetables to bone broth then it contains extra minerals and electrolytes that help to rehydrate our body. It contains collagen and other important amino acids. Studies also show that the intake of collagen-peptide supplementation works effectively for reducing wrinkles, fine lines and improves the elasticity and hydration of our skin.
Bone broth is a highly nutritious food and its addition to our diet brings a lot of health benefits. As it is easily made at our homes, so do try it now and enjoy this miraculous drink.
Subscribe & Receive A Free eBook
Responsive innovate grok latte disrupt intuitive actionable insight SpaceTeam grok. Human-centered design Steve Jobs.
We do not spam. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Leave a Reply