This strawberry puree recipe is super easy and quickly made the 3-ingredient recipe.
It is very economical as compared to the store-bought ones. As in the strawberry season, a huge number of strawberries are available at a very low cost. At this time, it is very convenient to save this little tangy-sweet, juicy, and health-promoting fruit in the form of purees. This strawberry puree can be used for a week in the refrigerator and in the freezer for long-term storage purposes.
It can also be used in a variety of ways to make different desserts like pudding, cake, pancakes, ice creams, creamy delight, etc extremely delicious and yummy.
How To Make Strawberry Puree At Home?
Like other purees e.g tomato puree etc strawberry puree can also be easily made at our homes with very little effort.
Strawberry Puree Recipe
- 500g fresh strawberries
- ½ cup brown granulated sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup of water (optional)
- Choose the better and fresh strawberries for your puree. As better ones produce better results. If fresh strawberries are not available in the season, then you can use the frozen ones as well.
- Remove the strawberry leaves and any softer parts apart.
- Wash all the strawberries well and then strain them.
- Now, roughly chop all these strawberries.
- If you prefer chunkier style in the strawberry puree as I do, then pour these chopped strawberries in the blender and blend them slightly for a second in the blender. If you want to add some water for blending then add it as well.
- Soon the strawberries turn into mush. After that, transfer them into a saucepan. With this, add some brown granulated sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes over medium flame. This reduces the water content of strawberries. Now, turn it to low flame. When bubbling over the puree is gone and clear, the thick strawberry puree is formed. Then turn off the flame.
- Let it cool down and then shift it to the desired container for storage purposes.
- You can store it for a maximum of 10 days in the refrigerator and for a month or so in the freezer.
How To Use Strawberry Puree For
You can use strawberry puree in different ways like for
Muffins, cakes, etc filling
Smoothies, shakes, etc
Strawberry flavor in desserts
Benefits Of Making Homemade Strawberry Puree
As compared to canned strawberry purees available in the market. The homemade strawberry puree has many benefits such as it is
Free from preservatives
Easily made within 10 minutes
Made with very less ingredients
Storing Strawberry Puree
In strawberry season, it is one of the best ways to store strawberries in the form of puree.
For this purpose, you can store it in air-tight containers in the refrigerator. Here, you can store your strawberry puree for short-term purposes. It is best to use it within 10 days.
But in case of long-term storage purposes, you can freeze it in flexible ice cube trays, freezer bags, or containers. Here, you can store it for a maximum of 3 months.
How To Freeze Strawberry Puree?
You can freeze the strawberry puree for long-term storage purposes. For this, you can use silicone molds as they are flexible ones. In these trays, you can freeze the puree in small batches. Whenever you need it, simply pop out the frozen cube and defrost it.
In this way, small portions of strawberry puree are easily defrosted and used. But if you want to store a larger amount of strawberry puree, then use the Ziploc freezer bags or freezer boxes, etc.
Save this little delicate juicy fruit in the form of cooked strawberry puree. In this way, you can enjoy strawberry flavor throughout the year in any dessert.
Subscribe & Receive A Free eBook
Responsive innovate grok latte disrupt intuitive actionable insight SpaceTeam grok. Human-centered design Steve Jobs.
We do not spam. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Leave a Reply